What is the Illinois Chapter Education Fund?
The Illinois Chapter Education Fund is part of the IIDA Foundation and is a philanthropic fund whose primary mission is to advance our IIDA IL Members and the Interior Design profession through education, research, and knowledge. Each year, the IIDA IL Board will identify a recipient(s) and will announce it at the annual IIDA IL RED Awards. Read on to learn more about the application process, who can apply, and what types of activities are included.
Why was it created?
The Fund was established so that the IIDA IL Chapter could award local IL Chapter Members. We want more reasons to celebrate you!
Who can apply?
Any Member or Student Member in the Illinois Chapter, in good standing, can apply. The Member must be an active Member at the time of the application, as well as at the time the recipient is announced.
Where can I use the fund if I am a recipient?
You can apply for a certain amount of money, not exceeding $1,500, to be applied to any of the following activities (Please remember that these are only suggestions. If you have an idea above and beyond the list below, please submit your questions for Board review to Jen Hendrickson:
- Tuition reimbursement for degree programs
- NCIDQ and LEED AP exam fee coverage
- Other professional certifications related to the industry
- Costs associated with traveling abroad to explore design in other countries
- Applicant is required to complete journal entries through a medium of their choice – Chapter newsletter, Chapter social media post, Chapter blog
- Costs associated with involvement in outside organizations such as Architecture for Humanity
How do I apply?
You can easily apply by downloading the application here. Please make sure that all required documents are submitted. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Selection and Notification Process
Applications are accepted January 1st through March 15th. The Board will review all applications and vote on the recipient(s) at the end of March. The award amount is discretionary and determined by the Board. The recipients will be announced at the annual IIDA IL RED Awards in April.